We have an exciting opportunity as an Associate Project Manager! Develop the knowledge and skills needed to effectively lead network infrastructure projects at Ameriprise. Plan and monitor all activities for small-scale, low-complexity projects or phases of a larger project under the leadership of a experienced project manager. Manage day-to-day operational and tactical tasks associated with projects: develop and manage project plans; prepare regular status reports; manage deadlines; forecast resources and project financials. Come apply today! Responsibilities
- Develop, or assist in developing, comprehensive project plans that incorporate deliverables, resource plans, achievements, accountabilities, communication plans and timelines. Ensure project tracking and statuses are maintained appropriately. Ensure appropriate testing and quality reviews are conducted and receive sign-off. Assist other project managers with budget projections and budget preparation for areas of responsibility. Monitor project progress and report performance against plan.
- Provide regular status reporting on plan progress and ensure all company standards are followed. Assist in documenting, routing, and tracking change requests, specification documents and other project documentation. Coordinate the closing out of all project documentation. Develop dashboard-style summaries for reporting to project leadership and business partners. Understand the project phases, tasks, activities, and operations and be able to answer questions relating to the project status.
- Develop working knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or projects. Develop expertise within the project management practice-including all processes, tools, and best practices. Develop and maintain project management expertise and identify and pursue areas for development and training that will improve job performance via on the job learning and best practices from prior projects, training, and peer learning.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required in Network Infrastructure.
- 1+ years project management experience (development of project plans and managing tasks); or equivalent training and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to effectively manage within it. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including with executive level presentations.
- Track record of working well in a cross-functional environment; ability to influence cross-functional teams without supervisory authority.
About Our Company
- Previous exposure to the project management life cycle, methodology and tools.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Basic technical knowledge of IP network environments and major vendors such as Cisco along with general understanding of various technology functions.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.