Conceptualize and design detailed solutions for specific projects enabling the organization to meet business objectives with a focus on application, technology, or data architecture .
Provide technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements and enable optimal performance, stability, and extensibility.
Ensure compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and strategies. Responsibilities
Gather Non-Functional Requirements ~~ Assess Technology ~~ Design ~~ Risk Assessment ~~ Governance ~~ Best Practices
- Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing requirements. Identify key business and technology drivers that impact architectures. Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements. Translate enterprise or business needs into long-term architecture solutions. Apply enterprise vision to all portfolio, technical and application projects understanding and communicating different architectural strategies that are consistent with business strategies.
- Conduct assessments of current business and technology architectures including functional assessment and technical assessments. Identify and document any risks, issues or critical success factors that may require immediate action.
- Translate project requirements into detailed designs consistent with current and future platform strategy and road map while influencing requirements and balancing needs for immediate action and the POA.
- Create effective and efficient patterns and enforce policies and standards to enable the enterprise to conduct business at an appropriate and known risk level. Research and recommend technology to improve current systems. Develop and build strong relationships and use effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic architecture objectives.
- Partner with other architects to ensure alignment and integration across portfolio boundaries and promote an enterprise focus. Develop and build strong relationships within and across the lines of business and use effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic architecture objectives.
- Research and maintain a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems. Based on this research, proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles. Collaborate with other peers and colleagues within the industry and identify opportunities for sharing knowledge.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years relevant experience required
- 3+ years relevant solutions, technology, or data architecture experience
- 3+ years software development and/or technical support experience.
- Skills in general architecture, operations, and deployment methodologies and techniques (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, MOF).
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with both technology and business partners
About Our Company
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes working knowledge of industry data standards and architectures.
- Experience in architecture strategy development and architecture governance
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.