At RiverSource, we take pride in providing a personalized experience every step of the way.
We are looking for an Annuity Sales Consultant to join our National Desk sales team. Take the first step in launching your career as a wholesaler. In this role you will promote RiverSource annuity products with Ameriprise Financial advisors via an inbound phone queue and proactive outbound calls. Using discretion and judgment, through a quality sales call conversation, consultants will match annuity product solutions to client's needs and goals.
If you are looking for a team-oriented environment where you can form lasting relationships and have a positive impact on our client's goals and retirement. As well as advancing your career. Where we are dedicated to your career development through training, mentoring and licensing support - it's all about helping you effectively develop to reach your full potential within our sales organization!
We invite you to apply to join our team. Responsibilities
- Wholesale RiverSource annuity products through inbound calls from advisors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of RiverSource's product portfolio features and benefits and, using the • Quality Sales Call (QSC), generate sales leads by matching solutions provided by RiverSource products to client needs.
- Assist advisors with product features and benefits, proposals, competitive analysis and product positioning, and sales strategies.
- Assist advisors with resolution of issues and ongoing case management.
- Maintain and leverage a deep understanding of all annuity products, solutions, and rules, including specific rules of engagement for distributors.
- Make proactive telephone calls with RSD/RVP partner territory.
- Prioritize and manage inbound and outbound calls.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Use software, including proprietary programs, to research, log activity, and run hypothetical scenarios.
- Research and communicate industry changes and trends that may impact company or product positioning.
- Complete required coursework in order to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations and licensing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience in financial services industry, financial sales, or financial wholesaling
- Series 6 or Series 7 or ability to obtain within 120 days of hire
- State securities agent registrations (Series 63 or Series 66) or ability to obtain within 120 days of hire
- Life and health insurance license, or ability to obtain within 120 days of hire
- Ability to work on a team and in a sales/results-oriented environment
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Effective presentation skills
About Our Company
- Sales experience, preferably in financial industry
- Knowledge of annuity products
RiverSource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At RiverSource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with RiverSource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.