Advice & Wealth Management Leadership Development Program
The Personal Advisors Group is comprised of approximately 10,000 branded financial advisors and a dedicated corporate staff focused on driving profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms. Key areas of focus for corporate staff include growth through experienced advisor recruiting, advisor business development, and serving clients through our Ameriprise Advisor Center.
As part of the Advice & Wealth Management Leadership Development Program, you will have the opportunity to work in three different areas within The Personal Advisors Group for six months at a time. You'll gain valuable experience supporting advisors who provide financial advice to millions of individual, business and institutional clients.
A strong understanding of The Personal Advisor Group and a solid network of colleagues from across the company positions program participants for success in a sales focused role following the program. Responsibilities
Responsibilities will vary with each rotation and may include:
- Calling prospect advisors to set meetings with recruiters
- Working with recruiters by supporting pipeline activities such as data gathering and meeting preparation
- Answering advisor questions regarding tools and logistics
- Creating financial plan deliverables
- Running managed product illustrations
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering client calls and emails appropriate to level of licensing obtained
Prepare for and successfully acquire Series 7, state securities and IAR registrations (Series 66) and Life and Health exams during 18 month rotation. Classes, support, and study time will be provided. These licenses are in preparation for future opportunities with The Personal Advisors Group. Required Qualifications
Current seniors pursuing a 4-year undergraduate program majoring in business management, finance, communications, economics, business analytics, financial planning or a related field
- Excellent academic performance with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Commitment to complete the full 18-month leadership development program.
- Previous Internship experience Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, and strong desire to be in sales
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Dynamic interpersonal and consultative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including excel