Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry! Our Actuarial internship program is designed to give you a feel for full-time entry level actuarial opportunities at Ameriprise Financial.
About the Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
As an Actuarial intern, you will work on projects directly with our actuaries and will have the opportunity to complete and present a self-directed, business-driven individual project to our senior leaders. Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
• Product Development
• Actuarial Valuation
• Risk Management
High-performing summer interns are invited to apply for full-time positions following graduation.
Examples of past intern projects include:
• Converting an existing process from Excel to a more efficient program (Python, R, etc)
• Creating a validation tool to ensure accuracy of reserving software
• Ensuring product compliance with a variety of regulatory changes Required Qualifications
• Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
• Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Required to have passed at least one actuarial exam Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.