Perform actuarial tasks with limited manager assistance or supervision. Provide technical analysis and support by developing, improving, operating and documenting various actuarial models. Prepare related reports and summarize and communicate results to middle management. Provide leadership for lower level actuarial staff and/or actuarial intern(s). Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of actuarial models and supplementary applications based on the needs of various businesses and model users with a focus on derivatives, fixed income assets, and scenario generation. Modeling projects may include stat/tax or GAAP valuation, risk, cash flow testing, and pricing.
- Review user requirements and assess modeling capabilities, limitations, and potential enhancements. Communicate findings to model users and management.
- Develop model functionality by updating code and/or inputs/assumptions, and test functionality in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide documentation of model versions, model changes, and testing results.
- Provide leadership by way of being the subject matter expert on modeling projects while working with other actuarial staff. Participate in professional development to maintain actuarial credentials.
- Support the validation and development of business controls.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- All Introductory ASA exams plus 1 Actuarial/Advanced ASA Exam or Requirement.
- Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) coursework completion.
- 3 years of actuarial experience.
- Ability to work independently; self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
About Our Company
- Degree in in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related disciplines.
- Experience with actuarial modeling systems.
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA, MS Access, and other database applications.
- Experience with C++, C#, R, and Python and other programing languages.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.