Perform actuarial tasks with manager assistance or supervision. Provide technical analysis and support by modifying, maintaining, operating and documenting various actuarial models. Prepare related reports, summarizing and communicating results. Responsibilities
- Provide technical analysis and support of a well-defined nature by modifying, maintaining, operating and documenting various actuarial models based in spreadsheets or other analytical software. Perform studies to evaluate specific actuarial assumptions using data analysis and predictive analytics under the direction of qualified Actuary.
- Prepare job related reports, summarize and communicate results to direct leaders. Develop a foundational understanding of actuarial language, processes, and practices.
- Participate in actuarial projects within a well-defined scope and responsibility. Perform analysis on specific actuarial topics, describing actuarial concepts to other business areas, and/or testing results of project implementations. Communicate status and impediments to completing tasks.
- Support the operation and validation of business controls. Perform basic logical validation on inputs and outputs, ensuring consistency of processes with original design. Collect evidence to validate effectiveness of processes.
- Act as a subject matter or data expert and responds to ad hoc requests. Support run the business activities and projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience
- 1 actuarial exam completed
- Demonstrates commitment and progress to completing actuarial exams
- Strong written, verbal and technical skills
- Works effectively, independently and as a team member
- Actuarial internship experience
- 2-5 actuarial exams completed
- Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) coursework completion
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related discipline
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA, MS Access, Python, SQL, and other database applications
- Meeting the preferred qualifications may result in a different band level and title