Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
Assist financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s) in managing and organizing office work flow with an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through interacting directly with clients to ensure accurate account set up and through acting as a liaison to answer client questions. The role will also perform other practice management tasks relating to client service as needed.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor. Responsibilities Responsibilities: Position Functions:
50% Business Management
50% Client Care
- Work with home office to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s)
- Provide insight and recommendations to effectively use key tools (MOD, Go Social, Advisor website, etc.) that help lead to results in practice
- Order supplies and other office related items
- Manage equipment and facilities including equipment maintenance and cleaning service contracts
Required Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Meet and greet clients upon entering office
- Set up and maintain client management system
- Call clients or prospects to set up meetings or appointments
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and handle client appreciation
- Attend and participate in client meetings if necessary
- Conduct transaction requests and meeting follow-up as directed by financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s)
- Help coordinate client appreciation events and seminars with Marketing Manager
- Answer unsolicited calls from prospects to schedule appointments or refer to advisor
Key Traits of a Successful Client Service Associate/Manager
Education and Other Designations:
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
About Our Company
- College degree or higher
- Experience in managing a small office environment
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.