Sr. Software Engineer
- Lead an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Collaborate with the BA/SQA on the project to assist ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Product Owner to review the business requirements, and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Architects in the group by providing their input into the overall Solution Architecture.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams such as Infrastructure and App Support to provide the necessary hardware and software requirements of the solution.
- Effectively transition products that are delivered to Operations for enabling customer support.
- Mentor and train junior developers in the group.
- Demonstrate leadership in not just finishing their tasks but removing technical impediments for the team members.
- Understand and implement the Agile Development approach and assist the Technical Manager in issue resolution and escalation.
- Promote a culture of proactive problem solving and innovation through implementation of cutting edge techniques and technologies in the development group.
- Perform other duties as required.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.