Enterprise EyeQ development team within the Automotive domain is looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to creative and innovative product development effort s in AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud native platform .
Incumbent in this position works in a project team developing and delivering new products and supporting future roadmap items in the Enterprise EyeQ product line of the automotive domain.
Incumbent must possess a strong foundation with core development techniques and possess high analytical and programming skills to apply new techniques and technologies in developing solutions.
Incumbent must work closely with the Technical Architects in the group and the Product Owner as well as the Technical Lead on the team to identify the architecture and design details of the solutions built and apply them in day-to-day product development tasks . Incumbent must have a background and exposure in building, developing, and deploying solutions in the AWS platform. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works in an agile development team to estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements in the domain.
- Collaborate with the BA/SQA on the project to assist ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Product Owner to review the business requirements and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Architects in the group in understanding the overall design and architecture and delivering the solution to meet the expectations .
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams such as Infrastructure and App Support to provide the necessary hardware and software requirements of the solution.
- Effectively transition products that are delivered to Operations for enabling customer support.
- Assist and collaborate closely with team members.
- Understand and implement the Agile Development approach and assist the Technical Manager in issue resolution and escalation .
- Promote a culture of proactive problem solving and innovation through implementation of cutting-edge techniques and technologies in the development group.
- Perform other duties as required .
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- E xperience with programming languages, programming techniques, web development technologies and use of databases .
- Strong foundations in computer science and the ability to apply core computer science funda mentals to solve critical and complex problems is essential.
- High aptitude for problem solving using computer science fundamentals
- Experience with Java/Java Script based solutions in AWS Cloud platform
- E xperience with Java container services for web applications as well as high performance automated and batch operations working with large data sets
- E xperience in working with JDBC and coding procedures, functions and triggers using SQL through Java
- E xperience with relational database concepts, Graphical User Interface, and service-oriented architecture , and applying core f oundations of computer science in problem solving
- Experience in full-stack development efforts
- Experience working with agile development methodologies
- Experience in the automotive domain is desir able
- Good interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Reports directly to development management
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in day-to-day activities
- Collaborate s closely with the Product Owner and Technical Manager
- Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders to assess business needs
- Participates and engages in design sessions with Lead Architects a nd Techleads .
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.