Sales Executive/Business Development
We are looking for a results-driven, sales professional to actively prospect, forecast and sell to new and existing customers within the automotive OES & Aftermarket space.
Sales Executive / Business Development Automotive
We're looking for a Sales professional who can:
- Generate a sales pipeline matching IHS Markit solutions to current and future customer challenges & produce revenue in line with quota.
- Plan their own territory and account approach based on assigned objectives for base book of clients.
- Frequently meet with customers in-person and virtually to maintain and grow business.
- Represent and promote the company to senior executives both internally and externally.
- Learn new products, systems, processes and articulate them effectively to clients.
- Create and maintain business opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Provide input on new product development projects (voice of the customer).
- Focus on becoming an integrated extension of the customers team.
- Maximize product profitability during customer negotiations
- A bachelor's degree with at least than 5 years' experience in automotive industry sales preferred.
- Business to business sales experience essential.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to audience.
- Industry knowledge including Original Equipment Manufacturing and Aftermarket Sales.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and handle multiple tasks.
- Ambition, initiative, drive, motivation, and a desire to succeed and grow professionally.
- Collaborative Office Environment
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.