Product Management Specialist
As Product Specialist, you will be responsible for data management, new offerings, and partnership alignment in the VIN product portfolio. This position is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth of products(s) through extensive understanding of market needs and data requirements to solve customer problems. In doing so, this position interfaces with existing and potential clients, market leaders, sales, software development, product marketing and customer care to develop and deliver innovative solutions for the market. The Product Specialist manages the product lifecycles and is responsible for the product strategy, vision, and technology roadmaps. This position requires understanding of the Automotive Industry specific to the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) domain supported by the product. The ideal Product Specialist also has experience in the development and management of Automotive software. Education & Experience
- Preferred 2-5 years' experience in the Auto Industry
- Experience with product management principles
- 4-year degree
- Experience in Software product management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a product team and foster team collaboration
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both a business and technical audience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong written and verbal communication with a strong aptitude for presenting thoughts and ideas to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Sales and business development experience beneficial
- Experience and familiarity with IHS Markit VIN products and line of business beneficial
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.