Inside Sales Representative
This experienced sales position is responsible for generating new business and managing and/or expanding buyer relationships in the autos segment. Develops IHS Markit presence and brand within the diversified autos segment.
• Develops integrated and comprehensive account plans & strategies across products and accounts.
• Oversees and directs activities related to assigned accounts including activity related to contract, variable and new business.
• Responsible to providing forecast revenue on a monthly, quarterly and fiscal year basis.
• Identify areas for new business.
• Works the sales management team to identify new business.
• Recommends pricing and negotiation strategies, as well as modifications to the product/service line, for the sale of products to management.
• Provides input on new product development projects (voice of the customer)
• Keeps current with product, industry, and competitive knowledge.
• Supports new product development by providing feedback to Product Managers regarding customer needs, market dynamics, and competitive assessments.
• Possess ability to align IHS Markit products and services to customer applications.
• Focuses on identifying and closing new business opportunities with new and existing customers.
• Promotes and sells IHS Markit information solutions with new and existing customers.
• Identify new and up-sell opportunities.
• Requires a some amount of face-to-face customer interaction.
• Utilizes advanced product knowledge and understanding of the business to display intelligent risk-taking and pursue more complex, integrated solutions.
• Prepares and communicates pricing, proposals, negotiates the terms and conditions of the sale, and closes the final sale.
• Anticipates customer issues before they arise and resolves customer problems as needed.
• Understands and utilizes strategic selling.
• Achieves/exceeds assigned sales targets on a consistent basis.
Client Relationship Management
• Develops strong working relationships with client by listening to and understanding client needs and keeping them informed of latest IHS Markit developments.
• Encourages longer-term contractual relationships where possible to secure revenue streams.
• Records all information into CRM management tool and maintains history of transactions and notes for complete customer profile.
• Focuses on becoming an integrated extension of the customer.
• Manages client expectations and cross-departmental interfaces.
• Takes overall responsibility for delivery of products and services to clients.
• Ensures all day-to-day client queries and issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction within the minimum period of time, working with other departments within IHS Markit where necessary.
• Documenting issues and cases in the CRM system.
• Records all information into CRM (SalesForce) management tool and maintains history of transactions and notes for complete customer profile.
• Maximizes profitability by managing costs and price as well as revenue.
• Owns and manages opportunities through data use committee (DUC) process and approval process.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.