Automotive Consulting Analyst - IHS Markit Southfield
Support the Automotive Advisory Services Practice as a project lead, contributor and
collaborator while interacting with other IHS groups - Forecasting, Product and Data Solutions.
Work with current and potential clients to solve complex research issues with colleagues in
Advisory and Sales to investigate various project methodologies, scope, cost, management and
guide primary and secondary research on various engagements. A Consulting Analyst is
directly engaged with clients, internal and external resources as well as being active within the
industry through participation in automotive industry events.
• Interact with current and potential clients to build project scope and proposals. Manage
projects through to completion/final delivery.
• Be knowledgeable in automotive trends and topics - assist clients with understanding
analytical solutions surrounding current and future industry dynamics.
• Collaborate with other IHS colleagues to leverage content/capabilities, market Advisory
solutions and promote same internally and externally.
• Act as a voice of the customer within IHS Automotive with respect to how we can best as
an organization solve complex client research requirements - seeking innovative
methods and inputs.
• Work collectively with IHS Sales to prospect potential engagements.
• Understand and advocate for customer needs and requirements. Interprets internal and
external business issues and recommends best practices.
• Interact within a global Advisory team with the possibility of leading or contributing to a
• Bachelors degree in relevant subject, Masters degree a plus.
• Deep knowledge of the auto industry, structure and trends as well as a contact base within
• One or more years of experience in automotive analysis (forecasting, research, data analytics,
• Personal organization skills with track record of managing multiple projects to ensure on
time delivery within budget.
• Personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels - both internally and
• Experience with creating and presenting Microsoft Power Point Presentations and advanced
• Other requirements:
o Ability to travel
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Excellent time management skills
o Network of industry contacts and participation in industry groups
o Ability to take a project/engagement from end to end
o Some experience with public speaking and or/media exposure
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and expertise to forge
solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company
delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and
government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to wellinformed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government
customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial
institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.