Business and Quality Analyst
IHS Market Automotive has a requirement for a Business Analyst to support the VIN development team within IHS Markit. This team is responsible for creating and updating applications that relate to the delivery of VIN Portfolio products.
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, and strong analysis skills as well as familiarity with the testing process within a development effort. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a good understanding of product development lifecycle. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes.
The candidate will work closely with the Product team and developers in the VIN business to deliver project change. The candidate will be expected to work with teams in the United States and India. Duties & accountabilities
Education & experience
- Understanding of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, stakeholder management, user story definition and other Business Analysis techniques
- Able to undertake structured analysis and express in the form of user stories documents
- Able to work with Development to ensure implementation meets business requirements
- Experience of communicating UX requirements for Graphical User Interfaces through wire framing would be beneficial
- Design and implement testing strategy and test plans based on system specifications, business requirements or user stories
- Sanity and Component testing of new features during the development phase & review of Test
- Able to work collaboratively and consistently with team members at all levels, peers, senior analysts and managers and complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Able to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups and team meetings
- A basic understanding of the automotive industry would be beneficial for the role
- Full understanding of the QA process and automated testing
- Experience with Web services testing would be desirable
- Exposure to SQL, DB, Object-oriented languages (general technology know-how), would be desirable
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong Analytical & Communication skills
- Good Knowledge of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, requirement documentation, stakeholder management, use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques
- Experience with software test plan design and implementation
- Experience in automated testing preferred
- Experience in the Automotive Industry preferable
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.