Associate Software Engineer I
This role is being created to support a growing part of the IHS Markit Automotive business. Qualified candidates are those with a background in software development who are able to take a business requirement or business problem and develop a solution in SQL, PL/SQL, Hive/QL, etc. depending on the assigned task. All candidates should be self-starters who enjoy a fast-paced work environment where creativity is rewarded. Knowledge of statistics and model creation is a plus. Primary Responsibilities
- Perform standard data analysis activities on large volumes of data to determine trends and potential data issues.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external identified issues.
- Translate business specifications and designs into language-coded programs, procedures, or scripts
- Project documentation to include job steps, input/output files, flowcharts, parameter definitions, job prerequisites, interfaces, operational instructions and troubleshooting information
- Perform analysis of 'actuals' versus estimates and identify process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years related job experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced language skills in SQL and PL/SQL (Java, Hadoop and Scripting Languages is a plus)
- Experience working with platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Analytical and/or technical expertise within an automotive line of business or discipline
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills; ability to anticipate problems and propose multiple solutions
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and checklists
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.