Associate Director, Application Support
The successful candidate will lead the Automotive Application Support Team in all aspects. This candidate will need a deep knowledge of the following areas: operating systems, middleware, general application knowledge as well as some knowledge of platform architecture such as web hosting, networking basics, storage solutions and load balancing. A strong capacity for teamwork and a sense of ownership of responsibilities is essential. General Job Duties
- Ensure 24x7 technical support for all applications within Automotive domain meets or exceeds defined uptime SLA.
- This role does not take part in an on-call rotation. However, the team it manages does.
- Manage team resources and capacity effectively to handle project work as well as operational support.
- Foster and ensure collaboration between product development, product management, app support, and other areas of the business.
- Act as an intermediary between Global IT and the Automotive business line keeping the needs of the busines at the forefront.
- Work with colleagues across IHS Markit to improve the resiliency, scalability, and supportability of our applications.
- Proactively report out to leadership on product issues, resolutions, and project status.
- Ensure team follows change control procedures and best practices for minimizing risk to production.
- Ensure security patches stay up to date.
- Create and maintain on call rotation schedule.
- Manage all aspects of the Automotive maintenance downtime(s) including timing, schedule of activities, and communication.
- Provide opportunities for career growth for team by setting challenging and realistic quarterly goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in an IT role, ideally Enterprise Application Support.
- Previous experience managing/leading global teams.
- Previous experience in the Automotive domain a plus.
- Understanding of the following operating environments (Linux, UNIX, Windows 2016)
- Broad technical knowledge of the following: IIS, middleware, networking solutions, storage solutions, architecture.
- Experience with load balancing appliances specifically: F5 and AVI would be beneficial.
- Experience with middleware platforms such as JBOSS, Tomcat, ColdFusion would be beneficial.
- Experience with scripting such as Ant, Shell and Bash would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to effectively lead a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Candidate must be able to see how Application Support fits into the larger Automotive strategy and know how to drive the team to execute on plans that support the strategy.
- Maintains high level of accountability and integrity for all systems and processes the team is responsible for.
- Able to challenge ideas and influence others to do what is best for the products and customers.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.