Application Support Engineer
The successful candidate will perform as Application Support Engineer and possess experience deploying applications as well as resolving application stability and performance issues. This person will work as part of an IT Operations team to perform application implementations and problem resolution in a live production environment. This candidate will need a broad knowledge of one or more of the following areas: operating systems, middleware, general application knowledge as well as some knowledge of platform architecture such as web hosting, networking basics, storage solutions and load balancing. A strong capacity for teamwork and a sense of ownership of responsibilities is mandatory. General Job Duties
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for complex applications within operating systems. Provide support services to internal colleagues.
- Work with Product Development teams to determine root cause of problems.
- Monitor and report to management on product status, application and server issues.
- Build out and implement new applications, products and version releases.
- Follow change control procedures and best practices for minimizing risk to production.
- Perform proactive/preventative maintenance tasks.
- Participate in production on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an IT role ideally Enterprise Application Support
- Strong understanding of the following operating environments (Linux, UNIX, Windows 2008-2016)
- Broad technical knowledge of the following: IIS, middleware, networking solutions, storage solutions, architecture.
- Experience with load balancing appliances specifically: Big IP F5 and Apache are ideal.
- Experience with middleware platforms such as JBOSS, Tomcat, ColdFusion would be beneficial but not required.
- Experience with scripting such as Ant, Shell and Bash would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidate will be curious and tenacious and love solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.