International Tax - Manager
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Services LP - Global
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
International Tax - Manager
Are you a strategic thinker with first-hand knowledge across a variety of industries? Do phrases like "global effective tax rate reduction" and "efficient global cash utilization" peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing international compliance and consulting services to U.S and foreign multinational clients while identifying complex tax issues? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's International Tax Services practice.
What you'll do
As a Tax Manager, you will work within an engagement team and draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to multinational clients on the tax implications of their international operations ; and you will identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis and recommendations for these entities and their affiliates. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with their implementation of specific international tax structures and processes.
- Overseeing complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Researching and preparing materials for consulting projects related to tax planning considerations.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Supervising tax consultants and senior consultants.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our International Tax team helps multinational clients with their global tax planning and compliance needs. We offer a full-range of tax services and work collaboratively to help clients meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving market and regulatory environment. Our team members are highly-knowledgeable and have diverse backgrounds in transactional analysis and support, compliance and planning for inbound and outbound businesses, supply chain and intellectual property advising, transfer pricing, transformative business modeling, and more. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte International Tax. Learn more about Deloitte International Tax.
- 5+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work , preferably with a focus on international taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong executive presence and experience participating in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong research and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Previous Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people , we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18DETTMGRKK021-IT