Director of Credit Administration
A banking client of ours is looking for a new Director of Credit Administration. This role will be located in Detroit and report to the Chief Credit Officer. The Credit Administration Director is responsible for managing roughly 13 people, including the banks Credit Analysts and Managers, and also the banks Appraisal function. Key responsibilities include:
- Directing Credit Analysts who assists Loan Officer in preparation of Loan Approvals to be reviewed by Loan Manager or Loan Committee.
- Directing Credit Administrators who prepare loan documentation for closings, annual pass reviews, vendor reviews, financial statement tracking and collection, and administrating the Baker Hill Advisor software.
- Preparing monthly Credit & Loan Report to Board of Directors.
- Preparing the quarterly ALLL analysis for the bank.
- Preparing annual stress tests for loan portfolios and earthquake analysis.
- Vendor Reviews for both department specific programs and financial analysis of bank-wide vendors.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Commercial and Residential Loan review on an annual basis.
- Interaction with Auditors and Examiners as it relates to Commercial Credit.
- Maintaining and updating the Credit Policy and Manuel.
- Analyzes financial statements of both proposed and existing customers to determine present financial strength, liquidity, debt service coverage and value of collateral.
- Preparing internal asset reviews of existing borrowers for quarterly management review.
- Reviewing compliance of loan approvals to closing documents and review of appraisals.
- Contact bank, trade and credit associations and others to obtain credit information and economic trends in various industries or market groups to determine general level of financial strength.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and analysis of data of borrowers for servicing compliance and makes recommendations for policy, procedure or portfolio management.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 10+ years' worth of bank credit Director experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If this opportunity interests yourself, please get in touch!