Financial Crime & Compliance Consultant
BSA Team Lead
A banking client of ours in Detroit is looking to add a BSA Team Lead to their growing company. The BSA Team Lead oversees work performed by BSA Department Analysts in adherence of established Bank policies and procedures to meet all federal and state laws and regulations by performing the following duties. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing a BSA Department team focusing on a specific area of AML/BSA compliance, including but not limited to Currency Transaction Reports, Suspicious Activity Reports, manual review processes, enhanced due diligence information gathering and initial reviews for high risk customers, or monitoring the information gathering process in conjunction with customer due diligence procedures to ensure employees are gathering all required information.
- Examine Bank policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Stays abreast of changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the Bank.
- Coordinate with legal counsel and operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings.
- Assist with the revision, preparation, and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
- Support the Bank's compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing and reporting.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to less experience BSA Analysts performing transaction monitoring investigations, CDD/EDD and other manual reviews, alert reviews, CTR preparation, etc.
- Provide secondary review to work completed by BSA Analysts in the functions as described above.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related experience.
- Prior bank BSA compliance experience required.
- Experience using transaction monitoring or CDD/EDD application software is required.