BSA Operations Manager
A banking client of ours in Michigan is looking for an individual to support the BSA function. The BSA Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for the management and administration of a BSA Operations Team. This position monitors compliance with state and federal BSA, AML and OFAC laws and regulations. You will report directly in to the BSA Officer, this role is based in Detroit. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and revising policies, procedures, and programs in support of the administration of the bank's BSA program.
- Manage a BSA Department team focusing on a specific area of AML/BSA compliance, including but not limited to CTRs, SARs, manual review processes, EDD information gathering and initial reviews for high risk customers, monitoring the information gathering process in conjunction with CDD procedures to ensure employees are gathering all required information.
- Conduct regular staff training on BSA-AML policies and procedures, where required.
- Assisting the BSA Officer in managing the SAR process and monitoring and tracking high risk customers and accounts.
- Coordinating with internal and external auditors, including regulatory examiners, during audits and examinations to provide requested information as well as interim consultation.
- Bachelor's degree and relevant Compliance qualifications (CAMS ideally).
- 5+ years' worth of relevant experience.
- Proven experience with applicable laws, rules and regulations pertaining to BSA, FFIEC Examination Manual and OFAC regulations.
- Substantial BSA operations-related experience including AML transaction monitoring experience with alerts, investigations, CDD/EDD Reviews, and SAR experience.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!