Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Green Key Resources
- 16 Oct 18
Apply comprehensive understanding of financial reporting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to compiling, reviewing, and/or transmitting accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform accounting, control, and financial reporting for responsible areas. Ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting is accurate, timely, and based upon internal and external reporting requirements.
- Check data for reasonableness by reviewing past trends and changing conditions and by analyzing results against monthly forecasts. Analyze and explain variances. Provide early warning indicators to management. Recommend and monitor corrective actions.
- Design new reports or enhance existing reporting to reflect changes in policy, market conditions, or to incorporate concepts expressed by senior management.
- Generate and post journal entries and prepare manual journal entries as required.
- Analyze, develop, and enhance internal processes and applications. Monitor effectiveness.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries and requests from internal and external customers. Advise management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to financial reporting matters.
- May document processes by writing specifications or requirements.
- May perform complex financial reporting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 4 years experience with SEC filings required. Analyst will lead the timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual Reports on SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, including the drafting of MD&A language, preparation and review of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Assist with researching and providing financial reporting/technical guidance to business units regarding new accounting transactions, new accounting guidance and/or new regulatory guidance.
- CPA or CPA candidate required.
- Excellent communication and ability to collaborate with multiple groups, as well as experience presenting results to executives required.
- Big 4 or public CPA firm experience preferred.