Associate Director, Software Engineering (.Net)
Currently OPIS, part of IHS Markit, is looking to expand its Romanian .NET software development team based in Bucharest. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that will become an important part of global OPIS IT. This team will work closely with the OPIS IT HQ based in Gaithersburg, US. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills. Responsibilities
- Lead our agile team, using company's latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Champion the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits, as we implement and integrate technologies
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application life cycle
- Improve and maintain continuous deployment methodologies adhering to company CI/CD best practices
- Serve as mentor and coach to teammates and promote knowledge sharing and communication across product development teams
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the business long term goals and strategy and ensures that designs are aligned with these
OPIS, part of IHSMarkit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible. You are
- Experienced with developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software
- Excellent business judgement, you know how to prioritize, when to collaborate and when to seek assistance
- You are hands-on and committed to actively engaging with a global, agile delivery team.
- Strong, effective communication skills as to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a development role
- 1 or 2 years of experience as a development lead in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of C# and Microsoft .Net stack
- Strong involvement in data architecture and design, querying and integrating multiple database systems, both relational and NoSQL
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs
- Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as Kubernetes
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure) with deploying and integrating cloud native applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Real-world experience architecting and developing SaaS/PaaS applications using C# .Net/Core
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.