Sr. Credit Underwriter
- Hunt Valley, MD, USA Hunt Valley MD US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Sr. Credit Underwriter
SUMMARY: The Credit Underwriter performs a wide range of credit related support functions relative to the ongoing management of the Bridge Funding Group (BFG) credit risk management process. Credit Underwriters are responsible for underwriting, monitoring and the ongoing maintenance of a portfolio of equipment loans/leases Their primary responsibility is to prepare analyses of proposed new loan and lease opportunities in the both the specialized asset class and industries such as Air, Rail, and Vessel and general business segments of BFG. Ensures credit quality is maintained through identification of key risk factors associated with each opportunity and determines if those factors are mitigated; analyzes the viability of the repayment sources; recommends the initial facility grade to be assigned to each credit; reviews updated financial information to ensure customers' compliance with the terms of the financing prior to the funding of any draws on guidance lines of credit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Completes in depth analysis of financial data and other information provided by the client and/or the BFG Sales Officer.
* Supplements analysis with research and evaluations from a wide variety of sources to develop an assessment of client, competitor and industry risks and trends.
* Summarizes recommendations with supporting financial reports, confers with BFG Sales Officer, and presents to the BFG Senior Credit Officer for final authorization.
* Monitors an assigned credit portfolio and completes annual reviews; maintains a thorough understanding of the content and aggregate risks within the portfolio, trends and other key statistics.
* Completes the most complex credit analysis with limited supervision.
* Monitors a portfolio with complex credits or industry specialty.
* Demonstrated ability to balance credit and revenue objectives; partners effectively with BFG Sales Officers to deliver a superior client experience.
* Participates in, and may have leadership roles in, ad hoc project assignments as made by the BFG Senior Credit Officer or BFG President.
* Other responsibilities as assigned by the BFG Senior Credit Officer.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists in the training and development of Credit Underwriters. Will be assigned loans of the highest complexity. May have leadership role in ad hoc project assignments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 4 year college degree in business related field, or other acceptable alternative field required. Must have good accounting skills developed through formal college undergraduate courses (through intermediate accounting) or through acceptable alternative means such as AIB. Must have air, rail and vessel credit experience and have served as a Credit Underwriter as follows:
Credit Underwriter: 3-5 years
Senior Credit Underwriter: 7 plus years
Must have been involved in the analysis of complex credits and structures in order to progress to the senior level. Must have demonstrated good credit judgment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Formal Credit Training is recommended for all levels.