The Portfolio Analyst plays an integral role in three of the essential job functions within the Portfolio Department: 1) Portfolio Management—With the Desk Head’s oversight, assist with the daily management of ETFs and or Mutual Funds, 2) Portfolio Trading— With the Desk Head’s oversight, places trades within the regulatory requirements, prospectus, internal guidelines and the guidelines of best execution, 3) Portfolio Administration— Review of broad data sets to ensure accurate processing and reporting of the funds.
- Works, under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager, to implement the investment strategy to ensure alignment with stated investment objectives.
- Collaborate with the portfolio management team by performing data analysis pertaining to portfolio construction, asset allocation, security selection, and portfolio repositioning.
- Continuously monitor the portfolio and confirm compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in the development of a tax efficient strategy and implement it throughout the year.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in analyzing the daily performance attribution of the funds.
- Support timely and consistent communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible, under direction, for executing trades authorized by the Portfolio Manager for the rebalancing of the funds.
- Perform and implement cost benefit analysis in an effort to obtain best execution.
- Help improve the portfolio trading workflow process
- Report daily portfolio transactions.
- Reconcile end of day portfolio composition.
- Verify net asset value of the portfolio.
- Ensure timely delivery of portfolio performance and characteristics
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required in finance, economics, math or related field.
- Two to four years related experience with/in fund accounting, portfolio accounting/operations and/or analyst responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent mathematical, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excel proficiency required. VBA macro skills desirable.
- Familiarity with industry standard systems desirable.
- Security or derivative trading and operational experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong presentational skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast pace
 These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.