Financial Planning Service Desk – Virtual Engagement Associate
The Morgan Stanley Virtual Engagement Associate (VEA) 2-year program is a unique opportunity to prepare and develop the skillset for a career in the Wealth Management division of the financial services industry. Financial Planning Service Desk VEAs will work in a centralized location to provide virtual support to Financial Advisors. They will focus primarily on generating operating leverage and faster growth through the consistent deployment of digital tools that disseminate relevant content and analyses to clients and prospects. After completing the 2-year term of their role, the VEA will transition to the three-year Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) program.
Financial Planning Service Desk VEAs will be responsible for helping Financial Advisors and Client Service Associates navigate Morgan Stanley's financial planning tools. A key component of the role will be to aggregate and log feedback from Financial Advisors and their teams. Additionally, the role will require associates to identify, resolve, and escalate technical issues. The VEA will need to focus on specific metrics and deliver a high level of service to Financial Advisors while providing navigational guidance, feedback aggregation and issue escalation / resolution.
This role will involve a partnership with other key financial planning stakeholders. VEAs will gain exposure to Financial Planning Directors and many other home office resources. All Financial Planning Service Desk VEAs will be encouraged to complete the Financial Planning Specialist designation. This is a Morgan Stanley designation that recognizes one's expertise and interest in financial planning. In addition, the designation serves as the first section of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification. Upon completion of the designation, Financial Planning Service Desk VEAs will be able to pursue the CFP. VEAs will participate in regular networking events and professional skill workshops. This role will give VEAs vast exposure to wealth management and prepare them for a future at the firm.
This person will report to the team manager and leverage Morgan Stanley's state-of-the-art financial tools on behalf of experienced Financial Advisors, helping them develop their business and increase client engagement.
Financial Planning Service Desk - VEA Job Responsibilities:
- Navigate and provide expert level guidance to Financial Advisors and Client Service Associates looking for assistance utilizing Morgan Stanley's financial planning tools.
- Thoughtfully aggregate feedback and address technical issues.
- Field incoming calls and provide world-class level of service.
- Consider service metrics and work to consistently improve efficiency of the team.
- Learn and have awareness of Morgan Stanley's broader set of digital tools.
- Work closely with the key financial planning stakeholders and other member of home office team.
- Interest in achieving Financial Planning Specialist designation / Certified Financial Planner certification.
Financial Planning Service Desk - VEA Job Requirements:
- Successful completion, if not already licensed, of the SIE, Series 7, & Series 66 exams within 4 months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of financial services experience or related industry preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Detail oriented with an ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with a focus on the client experience
- Ability to problem solve and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Team-oriented approach