Cyber Security Analyst
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Oct 18
Cyber Security Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology Information Risk (TIR)
TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive, and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk
Threat Hunt Department is looking for an experienced cyber security analyst to join its team. Threat Hunt's mission is to seek out attacks against the Morgan Stanley network, to develop defensive strategies, and to reduce risk to Morgan Stanley assets. The new Threat Hunt team member is to develop cutting edge analytics to help in defending Morgan Stanley's networks, partner with multiple organizations across the Firm, and produce actionable outputs from those analytics.
The following are what will be expected of the candidate
- Leverage experience and computer science background to develop analytics to detect suspected malicious activity.
- Ability to work with very large amounts of network and host based log data.
- Analyze results using technical understanding to constantly improve defensive analytic output
- Work closely with partner organizations to diagnose discovered anomalies and provide secure system engineering support.
- Troubleshoot data quality and standardization issues and adapt very quickly to new technologies, threats and development needs.
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks and projects, able to work with the team, and manages tasks effectively and has a proven track record of consist and organized outputs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to understand complex problems and requirements, an aptitude for translating these problems into workable designs and solutions, and will possess a keen eye for detail.
This position is based in Baltimore, MD
- 1-3 years experience
- Experience with analyzing host and network based logs to filter known versus unknown with a goal of finding malicious activity.
- Ability to work with partners to gather requirements and provided scalable and actionable analytic responses.
- Understand the partner requirements and business priorities to effectively communicate cyber risks and threats.
- In-depth experience in intrusion analysis or incident response or pen testing
- Strong experience analytic techniques using primarily Open Source tools and development.
- Experience in writing Python
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must
- Host and Network based malware knowledge preferred
- General understanding of Linux and Windows and Network Devices.
- Experience in working in a high bandwidth team setting
- Experience in working with raw PCAP and network data