Client Operations Associate
- Baltimore, MD, USA Baltimore MD US
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Client Operations Associate
ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organisations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organisation partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This position within the Derivatives Clearing Operations Client Service Group involves extensive contact with our internal stakeholders including Prime Brokerage, Sales, Client Relationship Management, Onboarding, Non-Market Risk and various teams across operations as well as some contact with our external clients. The group's primary responsibility is to maintain and develop positive client and stakeholder relationships for Listed Derivative and OTC Clearing clients. We do this by providing excellent client service for all our client's operational needs whilst effectively managing risk.
The critical functions of the Client Support Services Representative role include the management of trade flow exceptions, daily margin and collateral management and onboarding. Beyond this, we provide technical and product advice to assist our front office teams in growing the business. Qualified applicants must be adaptable to change, given the changing regulatory environment and technical offerings. With these changes and variety of work, effective time management is a must. Increasingly the emphasis on this role is to drive efficiency while effectively managing risk within the organisation.
- Single point of contact for central processing for Listed Derivatives and OTC clients.
- Ensure that clients' reporting is accurate and dispatched in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely collateral management, meeting both regulatory requirements and client requests.
- Resolve trade and collateral breaks.
- Ensure accurate commission and billing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with changes and upcoming functionality.
- Propose developments to improve our clients' experience and make our processes more efficient.
- Work with IT to develop and rollout new technology
- Ensure that clients' accounts are setup in a timely manner with both internal and external parties.
- Identify and escalate issues in a timely manner to enable effective risk management.
- Preferred experience within Listed Derivatives and OTC client clearing
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Possess robust analytical skills, an attention to detail and a keen awareness of risk
- Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player
- Possess an ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills