Associate - Business Analyst & Project Manager
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 Oct 18
Associate - Business Analyst & Project Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
· Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
· Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
· Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
ü Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
ü Collaboration and teamwork
ü Credible, independent decision-making
ü Organizational influence
ü Creative and practical solutions
ü Meritocratic and diverse culture
Operational Risk Management works with the business units and control groups to help ensure Morgan Stanley has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive program for managing operational risk, both within each area and across the firm globally. Operational risk is the risk of financial loss or other potential damage to the firm's reputation due to inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events. This group designs, implements and monitors the company-wide operational risk program.
Background on the Position
The Operational Risk Infrastructure team Associate works on the implementation of strategic and tactical Firm Risk Management initiatives, focusing on process change, technology implementation, reporting, as well as data and process governance. The work involves working closely with global business process owners, technology service providers and key senior stakeholders across the Firm.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of the strategic program roadmap, project plans and milestones
· Participate in project working groups, requirement workshops and meetings
· Gather business requirements, functional specifications, create test plans, and co-ordinate testing and signoffs
· Provide feedback to IT teams on system requirements documentation
· Perform user acceptance testing for the delivered solutions
· Participate in IT sprint planning sessions and project prioritization sessions when applicable
· Ensure key risks and issues are identified, documented, mitigated and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
· Execute on project management processes including risk and issue management, dependency management, status reporting, and change control.
· Provide pre and post implementation support, including creation of training materials and user education
· Provide business administration and support, including management and investigation of user issues, troubleshooting of user/business requests, and maintenance of reference data
· Manage system configuration and entitlements
· Project / software development life cycle knowledge and experience (PLC / SDLC)
· Knowledge of typical industry standard processes and templates for requirement documentation (e.g. wire frames, process flows, prioritization methods)
· Ability to gather and synthesize business requirements and create functional specifications
· Ability to gather and define reporting requirements
· Ability to collaborate and work independently as well as part of team
· Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to present ideas concisely and persuasively
· Capable of communicating clearly and concisely to various levels of audiences across both the business and IT
· MS Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills
· Data analysis experience
· Bachelor's Degree (Minimum)
· Understanding of risk management
· Experience managing process change, technology implementation, or reporting projects
· Data modeling knowledge