The Research Analyst will work directly with the Public Markets investment team to perform manager due diligence. The position’s responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with and evaluating the capabilities of marketable alternative investment managers including hedge funds, hedge fund of funds and commodity managers.
- Participating in and coordinating investment manager searches for clients.
- Producing deliverables that review the funds identified during a manager search.
- Communicating our research and recommendations to prospective and existing clients.
- Conducting research that contributes to improvements in the quality of the company’s investment advisory services (e.g., writing white papers).
- Involvement with internal committees/decision making bodies
- Research of hedge fund strategies and other Marketable Alternative strategies
- Attending client meetings
- Working with research teams across the firm to facilitate new pathways of execution and research
- Writing on micro and macro topics within Marketable Alternatives.
- Strong quantitative skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Excellent digital literacy, including facility with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional and effective writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work independently and to proactively seek new responsibilities
- Build relationships with employees from other company departments
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- 3+ years of experience
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.