The Private Markets Analyst works closely with consultants and other private market investment professionals in carrying out the position’s duties. The position reports to the firm’s head of private equity research. Experience in private equity investments, specifically investment manager sourcing and due diligence on primary, secondary investments, and co-investments is required.
The Private Markets Analyst will evaluate the capabilities of private market managers, and assist with special research on private market strategies and opportunities. The primary focus of the position will be on one or more private markets asset classes, including private equity plus private debt, infrastructure, natural resources, and/or real estate.
- Coordinate manager searches for clients
- Conduct screening conference calls/meetings with new potential managers to determine if further due diligence is warranted
- Communicate our research and recommendations to prospective and existing clients.
- Conduct research that contributes to improvements in the quality of the company’s investment advisory services (e.g., writing white papers).Write client memos that involve manager updates and/or recommendations
- Fulfill any and all other duties deemed necessary by managemen
- Bachelor's degree required; major in economics, business, or finance preferred
- MBA, CFA or CAIA charter holder (or program enrollee) preferred
- Three to seven years of relevant investment industry experience required
- Sound understanding of economic and investment theory and practices
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Superb digital literacy, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to gather, organize, coordinate, and interpret data from disparate sources
- Efficiently and accurately under time pressure and to meet targets
- Independently and to proactively seek new responsibilities
- Work well with employees from other company departments and offices
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Travel periodically, up to 20% of the time.
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.