Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Principal, Product Management to join our Data Management Platform team. This role is located in Wellesley, MA and is s a hybrid role.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Own the product outcomes of specific Data Vault features and capabilities while partnering directly with our design and engineering teams.
- Develop business requirements for product features and capabilities, with a client-focused, strategic mindset
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, managing backlogs, continuously refining and prioritizing.
- Provide Product insight and guidance in alignment with our broader Product vision.
- Contribute to the creation of the overall Product roadmap and the prioritization of initiatives, goal setting, and establishment of evaluation criteria in ensuring the delivery of those roadmap items you are responsible for.
- Build relationships with customers; understand customers processes and objectives; and introduce new ways of doing things better and more productive and solicit feedback
- Identify new opportunities through product discovery techniques like research, internal customer interviews, and process mapping.
- Provide knowledge sharing and assistance to implementation, support and sales teams.
- Research competition and market trends and propose roadmap trade-offs between parity and innovation.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Principal, Product Management to join our Data and Platforms Solutions, Data Vault team. Data Vault is a next generation cloud native data management platform to support the needs of our global client-base. Designed specifically for the financial industry and built upon decades of expertise, Data Vault is the trailblazing technology that helps institutions overcome the limitations of legacy systems and use data as a competitive advantage.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology, or equivalent work experience required.
- 10 + years of experience in product development, product management or equivalent areas.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience at either a Financial Technology or Financial Services firm delivering SAAS products.
- 5+ years of experience with agile methodologies, backlog management and story mapping.
- A passion for data with a proven track record of delivering client outcomes through the introduction of new innovative technology.
- A global mind-set. Experience working closely with team members across multiple locations and time zones
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Product management certifications or prior training desired.
- Basic programming skills are a plus
- Continuously curiosity and hands-on approach to understand the role of technology as an innovation accelerator.
- Thoughtful communicator who can express complex ideas in simple, practical terms for a variety of audiences from technology to business, practitioner to management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working daily with customers to discover, learn and adapt to their needs.
- Ability to lead by influence, self-motivated and believe in the power of data.
- An agent of change. Passionate about financial technology. Eager to exceed client expectations.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.