Senior Accountant - Primarily Work-From-Home
Summary: Berkshire Blanket & Home Co, Inc is the U.S. arm of a fast-growing Nanjing company that is leading the home textile export business to the states. We are a consumer products company located within a thirty-minute commute of Springfield, Amherst, Northampton, and Worcester, MA. As one of the largest home textile importers and designers in the U.S., Berkshire’s distinctive product line may be found at a variety of national retailers under several well-known consumer brands in addition to private label products with select retailers. We foster an open, collaborative environment that rewards performance, and values hard work and dedication.
Berkshire is looking for a qualified and driven Senior Accountant to help support our corporate accounting team. Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate completion of the day to day general ledger functions and ensuring compliance with organizational and regulatory policies and procedures. As a Senior Accountant, you will assist the Controller in all aspects of the accounting department. This is an excellent opportunity to build experience within a small accounting team and is a highly visible position providing interactions with all levels of staff and management within the organization.
- Accurately prepare and post monthly journal entries in both M3 and Quickbooks for sister company
- Monthly account reconciliation preparation
- Review staff account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial reports
- Assist with year-end audit preparation
- Intercompany accounting
- Fixed assets management for sister company
- Calculate and report monthly commissions due to outside sales
- Royalty agreement compliance, calculations, and reporting
- Sales tax compliance and reporting
- Preparation and/or oversight of Annual 1099’s in coordination with Accounts Payable
- Developing process improvements and efficiencies
- Development of ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required by Senior Management
- Research accounting standards to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Other general accounting tasks as assigned by the Controller
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience with demonstrated progression in an accounting role
- Understanding of general accounting principles and their application in a business context
- Demonstrated experience improving business processes, systems, and documentation.
- Experience reviewing financial reports and documentation for accuracy and improvement
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs
- Hands on experience with ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Passion for data analysis and organization
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi task
- Excellent listening, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and quality-focused team player
Preferred but not required:
- 1+ years of public accounting experience, preferably in a big 4 accounting firm
- Internal audit experience
- Master’s in accounting or CPA designation
- Experience using Lawson M3
- Speaks Mandarin
We are looking for a local candidate but this will primarily be a remote work-from-home position. The Salary Range dependent on previous experience and your potential impact in this position.