Tax Analyst Waltham, MA - Corporate Headquarters/en-US/globalpartnerscareers/job/Waltham-MA---Corporate-Headquarters/Tax-Analyst_R0012687/apply Job Description:
The Tax department is looking for a bright, enthusiastic professional who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Tax Analyst will be involved in all aspects of federal and state excise tax compliance, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns, accounting for all related tax liabilities and maintenance of related tax records. The Tax Analyst will work hand-in hand with members of the accounting and tax departments and will report to the Fuel Tax Supervisor. This position requires an individual who is detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of federal and state motor fuel excise tax returns and associated support
- Prepare journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and supporting documents; reconcile differences and concisely articulate drivers for significant variations
- Interact with customers, suppliers and internal business associates to address and respond to excise tax inquiries
- Assist with analysis and research of federal and state excise tax matters
- Assist with federal and state audits by gathering and preparing all necessary documentation and correspondence
- Support & prepare fuel tax related internal control (SOX) compliance
- Keep current on relevant statutory/regulatory and/or technology changes to identify and implement necessary changes and best practices, including opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, customer confidentially and personal conduct
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
- 2+ years experience in multi-state sales and use tax, excise tax, and/or motor fuel tax matters preferred but not required.
- Experience performing tax research using tax services such as CCH, RIA, BNA, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Applications; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and Adobe skills required.
- Ability to provide team support to ensure that all deadlines are met, working overtime when necessary.
- Experience with Avalara Returns Excise/PDI is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR0012687
A publicly traded master limited partnership, Global is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York. The Partnership is a leader in the transportation of crude oil and other products by rail across its "virtual pipeline" from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada to the East and West Coasts for distribution to refiners and others. With approximately 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global also is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global is No. 180 in the Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations.
We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Click to learn more.