Category Marketing Manager Waltham, MA - Corporate Headquarters/en-US/globalpartnerscareers/job/Waltham-MA---Corporate-Headquarters/Category-Marketing-Manager_R0012658/apply Job Description:
Essential Job Function:
Manages the purchasing, pricing, placement and display of assigned Merchandise Categories. CMM is in charge and responsible for the development, implementation and execution of comprehensive merchandising plans for their category.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Category Management
- Develops and manages marketing programs for assigned Categories.
- Maintain and improve profitability in company operated sites through effective, unique and conventional retail methods
- Provides clear measures for profitability for all managed programs, promotions and initiatives
- Leverages data to develop category analysis and strategy to maximize category and consumer trends
- Ability to segment approach across the enterprise to maximize profitability and cost management
- Develops supplier partnerships that utilize available resources to develop differentiating products and programs.
Cost Containment and Profitability
- Maximizes Gross Margin for categories by establishing control processes and margin targets
- Generates the highest funding available for all company operated locations.
- Negotiates purchasing contracts with vendors.
- Performs on-going verification of plans against budgeted sales and gross profit and develops plans to address any shortfalls
- P&L responsibility for assigned categories, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting financial performance.
- Determines pricing for assigned categories utilizing retail pricing guidelines to optimize category profitability.
- Works with Price Book to maintain and update category product selection, pricing, and accuracy throughout the chain.
- Works closely with Field Operations regarding execution, training and marketing
- Analyze monthly P&L statements regarding specific categories managed: determining areas of opportunity, creating action plans and working closely with above site operations supervisors to remedy
- Utilizes consumer insights/trends to develop category plans, including strategies and tactics to deliver projected sales and margin.
- Works closely with marketing team on the development/execution of category communication and promotion, including product point of purchase, private label, branding, co-op and advertising.
- Develops and communicates category information to all levels within the organization. Participates in weekly/monthly planning and communication meetings. Resolves category issues.
- Performs other job-related projects and tasks as assigned.
- Overnight travel may be required at times
- Portrays a positive image of the company at all times
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA or BS degree. Marketing or Food Service concentration preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years in a small format retail category manager or buyer for a minimum of 50 sites or larger
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, external partners and all collaborators.
- Extensive familiarity with MS Word, PowerPoint, and other database programs. Considered advanced in Excel. Experience in Tableau, Power BI or other Business Intelligence tools, a plus.
- Extensive familiarity with P&L analysis
- Capable of making public presentations
- Able to function well in an ambiguous environment where functional direction at time may be undetermined
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0012658
A publicly traded master limited partnership, Global is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York. The Partnership is a leader in the transportation of crude oil and other products by rail across its "virtual pipeline" from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada to the East and West Coasts for distribution to refiners and others. With approximately 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global also is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global is No. 180 in the Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations.
We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Click to learn more.