Manager, Charitable Initiatives Waltham, MA - Corporate Headquarters/en-US/globalpartnerscareers/job/Waltham-MA---Corporate-Headquarters/Manager--Charitable-Initiatives_R0012713/apply Job Description:
This is a unique opportunity to manage and coordinate Globals charitable giving efforts and volunteer programs. This role will represent the organization in all activities associated with corporate charitable giving and ensure thorough communication is established and maintained at all levels as it pertains to charitable initiatives and events.
Global is centralizing this effort, which was previously handled by a number of areas and departments. Therefore, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to create a solid internal infrastructure and develop strong processes.
- Implement and manage charitable initiatives as directed by senior management and executive team.
- Provide subject matter expertise to develop/support long-term charitable giving strategy and goals for company-wide efforts.
- Work to streamline opportunities that complement the Global brand.
- Create opportunities to leverage the companys charitable initiatives in external communications efforts.
- Develop and manage internal committee to organize employee volunteer opportunities.
- Create connections between the business agenda and reputational/societal issues through charitable initiative recommendations.
- Manage all incoming charitable giving requests, trafficking them to appropriate stakeholders for approval/payment.
- Take on all aspects of Globals charitable/corporate event planning initiatives - from multiple-day golf tournaments, to corporate holiday parties, to employee volunteer events.
- Interact with a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the organization and bring extensive expertise and efficiency to the event planning process.
- Develop scalable event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and execute initiatives that anticipate and reflect the needs of the company and its charitable partners.
- Partner with senior decision-makers to define event objectives, schedules, required resources and measures of success for all events. Develop and present proposals to senior managers and other internal/external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Prepare RFPs for event services, negotiate, execute, and manage contracts/agreements with venues, speakers, transportation and audio-visual companies, and other ancillary services for all events.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional materials, etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Manage all financial aspects of corporate and charitable events event costs, registrations, donations, reconciliations, charitable dispersements, etc.
- Interact with Marketing and PR to leverage internal and external opportunities to promote corporate initiatives.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with vendors/partners on (e.g., event venues, audio/visual, travel, accommodations) to ensure flawless planning and execution of events.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Document and continuously improve all event related processes.
- Manage incoming donation request process and route to proper stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of professional event planning experience
- Experience with, or understanding of, the nuances of working with nonprofit partners
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A proven track record of planning and executing multiple large-scale events
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR0012713
A publicly traded master limited partnership, Global is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York. The Partnership is a leader in the transportation of crude oil and other products by rail across its "virtual pipeline" from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada to the East and West Coasts for distribution to refiners and others. With approximately 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global also is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global is No. 180 in the Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations.
We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Click to learn more.