Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources Waltham, MA - Corporate Headquarters/en-US/globalpartnerscareers/job/Waltham-MA---Corporate-Headquarters/Director-of-Human-Resources_R0013126/apply Job Description:
Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer, the Director of Human Resources will be a critical part of the HR leadership team, managing a team of HR Business Partners. The Director will work to align business objectives with employees and management across functions. You will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, you will seek to develop integrated solutions that bring out the best in our people while delivering tangible business solutions. This role formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. This position requires superior business acumen, strong analytical and strategic skills plus the willingness to jump in and help out wherever needed.
Change and program management, coaching, employee development and strong employee relations skills are a must.
- Understand the organizations current state, future state, gaps and priorities.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with Human Resources team to develop solutions, programs and policies that support business needs.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance feedback).
- Partner with HR SMEs and business to design and execute strategy for how we staff, on-board, develop, motivate, and retain employees.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit org design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and work with Talent Development team to develop and execute solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8 - 10 years experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in a progressively responsible positions and managing a team of other business partners.
- Experience with retail and or high turnover non exempt environments
- Relevant HR experience within retail industry or working across multiple locations and a wide geographical spread preferable.
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues.
- Experienced business partner with strong track record of proactively identifying business risks and proposing recommendations to mitigate.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0013126
A publicly traded master limited partnership, Global is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York. The Partnership is a leader in the transportation of crude oil and other products by rail across its "virtual pipeline" from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada to the East and West Coasts for distribution to refiners and others. With approximately 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global also is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global is No. 180 in the Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations.
We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Click to learn more.