Content Editing Associate
Content Editing Associate Content Editing Associate USA-MA-Work from Home/en-US/External/job/USA-MA-Work-from-Home/Content-Editing-Associate_R0011914/apply
**Please include a cover letter with your resume when applying**
We are searching for a Content Editing Associate to join our team. The position requires an individual with very strong organizational, communication, and time management skills, as well as someone with close attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
Our office is located in Waltham, MA, but options for working remotely are available.
The main tasks of the Content Editing Associate are as follows:
- Working closely with physician deputy editors (DEs) to drive progress in the assigned specialty. The Content Editing Associate will be assigned to one or two medical specialties, depending on the number of DEs in those specialties. Some may work only on one specialty, with one DE, while assisting with other projects.
- Maintaining frequent contact and developing relationships with external authors, editors, and peer reviewers.
- Carefully documenting content developments related to the assigned specialties in the proper databases.
- Ferrying manuscripts through the editorial process, including:
- Styling of the original manuscript
- Reviewing/tracking of graphics and forwarding to Graphic Designer or Permissions Manager
- Sending topic reviews to a variety of external contributors for review; setting deadlines and following up to ensure timely responses to review requests
- Working with DEs to incorporate contributor revisions
- Corresponding with contributors and DEs to finalize topic text and related graphics
- Proofreading, checking links and references, and finalizing graphics in order to mark topics ready for publication
- Publishing all new and revised content in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly proofreading all new and revised topics and graphics prior to publication to ensure content is clean, error-free, and consistent with UpToDate's style guidelines.
- Carefully tracking DEs' progress toward annual goals and providing accurate reports each month to indicate completed and in-process work.
- Preparing for and leading monthly specialty meetings with DE(s) in order to review the current status of the specialty's pending items and agree on action plans/next steps; distributing minutes following each meeting.
- Identifying and addressing any errors in content before publication.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Editorial experience would be a plus, but not necessary.
- Excellent proofreading, communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Normal office environment
Posted 11 Days AgoFull timeR0011914
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Content Editing Associate