Content Editing Associate
Content Editing Associate Content Editing Associate USA-MA-Waltham-Third Ave/en-US/External/job/USA-MA-Waltham-Third-Ave/Content-Editing-Associate_R0008795/apply is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
The main tasks of this entry level position are as follows:
- Working closely with physician deputy editors (DEs) to drive progress in the assigned specialty. The Content Editing Associate will be assigned to one or two medical specialties, depending on the number of DEs in those specialties. Some may work only on one specialty, with one DE, while assisting with other projects.
- Maintaining frequent contact and developing relationships with external authors, editors, and peer reviewers.
- Carefully documenting content developments related to the assigned specialties in the proper databases.
- Ferrying manuscripts through the editorial process, including:
- Styling of the original manuscript
- Reviewing/tracking of graphics and forwarding to Graphic Designer or Permissions Manager
- Sending topic reviews to a variety of external contributors for review; setting deadlines and following up to ensure timely responses to review requests
- Working with DEs to incorporate contributor revisions
- Corresponding with contributors and DEs to finalize topic text and related graphics
- Proofreading, checking links and references, and finalizing graphics in order to mark topics ready for publication
- Publishing all new and revised content in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly proofreading all new and revised topics and graphics prior to publication to ensure content is clean, error-free, and consistent with UpToDate's style guidelines.
- Carefully tracking DEs' progress toward annual goals and providing accurate reports each month to indicate completed and in-process work.
- Preparing for and leading monthly specialty meetings with DE(s) in order to review the current status of the specialty's pending items and agree on action plans/next steps; distributing minutes following each meeting.
- Identifying and addressing any errors in content before publication.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Examples include:
- Serving as a representative for the CEA group in QA release testing and reporting of problems
- Working with royalties committee to respond to routine contributor questions on royalty payments
- Triaging subscriber feedback
- Assisting with content-related projects such as lab monographs, drug information, donations, society guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or related field
**Please include both a cover letter and a resume as a part of your application profile in order to be considered for this role** All Locations:
USA-MA-Waltham-Third AvePosted YesterdayFull timeR0008795
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Content Editing Associate