Internal Communications Project Specialist Waltham, MA - Corporate Headquarters/en-US/globalpartnerscareers/job/Waltham-MA---Corporate-Headquarters/Internal-Communications-Project-Specialist_R0011878/apply Job Description:
Global Partners is currently seeking an Internal Communications Project Specialist to join our project management team in our headquarters location. We are looking for a motivated individual, who has excellent written and oral communication skills and is an enthusiastic self-starter who will fit with our collaborative, team-oriented culture. As the Internal Communications Project Specialist, this individual will provide administrative and communications support as we implement multiple internal communications initiatives designed to help our employees stay informed and connected. The successful candidate will be highly adaptable, organized and be willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Key components of the position are as follows:
- Implement key elements of the companys internal communication plan, including handling administration and logistics related to various communication initiatives and programs.
- Manage content updates for the companys new intranet and internet sites.
- Provide tactical communication support to the Executive leaders around a variety of key initiatives, programs and events. Support could include, but would not be limited to, administrative/logistical support for the town hall meeting program and other similar events, drafting and supporting executive communications including emails, presentations or talking points, arranging meetings, and supporting other activities and programs to keep the Executive team connected with employees.
- Partner closely with other internal and external communications teams including HR, Retail Marketing, External Communications and various external agencies to draft communications and ensure consistency of voice and message.
- Work with the SVP of Project Management to develop and execute additional internal communication channels and programs as appropriate.
- Work with the SVP of Project Management to develop and execute feedback mechanisms and work to continuously improve the effectiveness of Globals communication processes and products.
- Participate in and support other key business projects as required.
- BA or BS degree
- Outstanding and proven written and oral communication skills
- Significant project management skills and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications role in a commercial organization or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Social Media, video and/or other technological communication tools and methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and ability to inspire cooperation from a wide variety of colleagues at all levels
- Experience managing or working with web sites and knowledge of Word Press extremely helpful
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Oil/Gas and/or Retail industry a significant advantage.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Ability to effectively multi-task and change directions quickly and efficiently
- Collaborative and team-oriented work style inspires confidence in others
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results & Solutions Oriented - Passionate about work product and ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Proven ability to be flexible and adapt approach as needed to achieve goals willingness to learn from feedback & experience
- Strong work ethic Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Strong initiative, and an ability to work independently with little supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0011878
A publicly traded master limited partnership, Global is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York. The Partnership is a leader in the transportation of crude oil and other products by rail across its "virtual pipeline" from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada to the East and West Coasts for distribution to refiners and others. With approximately 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global also is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global is No. 180 in the Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations.
We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Click to learn more.