- Waltham, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Financial Engineer- Limited Duration
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
CSS's Structured Analytics Division is seeking an Associate Financial Engineer to become part of its Global Content team.
The successful candidate will
- Set up new deal issuance in our database in a timely manner.
- Provide coverage for timely retrieval of servicer reports for the structured finance transactions tracked. These include but are not limited to RMBS, ABS, CMBS, CDOs and others.
- Monitor timeliness and quality of report sourcing and data entry.
- Resolve exceptions and proactively determine their cause and the possible software or process solutions to eliminate them
- Monitor feedback from clients and take responsibility of following up on data irregularities.
- Communicate with clients and trustees as well as with other groups within the organization
- Oversee offshore employees - assist in training and monitoring daily workload.
- Be the point person for new Data Operations projects including identifying issues, finding solutions, and, through proper management of resources, ensuring project completion without disruption of regular production cycle.
- Evaluate feedback from internal and external sources regarding process flaws and bottlenecks and recommend and implement new tools and process enhancements to consistently improve timeliness and data quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with a quantitative or problem solving emphasis. Preferred
- Degrees are in Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is a plus.
- Experience in Visual Basic, Excel VBA, or other programming languages is preferred. Experience in working with large/complex data sets beneficial.
- Candidate must be willing to learn structured finance and have an interest in technology. Good written and oral English communication skills. Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Possess great initiative and have strong organizational skills
- The candidate must be willing to: work flexible hours including occasional weekend coverage
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.