Business Acceptance Consultant
- 73k + Bonus
- Springfield, MA, USA Springfield MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Mass Mutual Financial Group
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
The Variable Life and BGA Support Team at MML Investor Services (MMLIS) supports variable life new business processes as well as other functions supported through our BGA relationships with Ash Brokerage and Crump Insurance Services.
As a registered principal on MMLIS’ Variable Life and BGA Support Team, the candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct suitability review, best-interest review, and firm-acceptance of New Business submissions including Variable Life and non-MassMutual fixed annuity submissions.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with registered representatives, agency personnel, and internal business partners such as Compliance, Field Inspection, and Regional Supervisory Directors.
- Involved on a daily basis in complex problem resolution requiring higher level critical thinking. Consistently identify and report to management on trending and risk mitigation measures.
- Understand relationship and interact with BGAs responsible for non-proprietary sales for Mass Mutual agents (e.g., variable life insurance, fixed annuities, whole life insurance, etc.)
- Review reports produced in the normal course of business to ensure compliance with the Firm’s policy and procedure
- Determine root cause of issues, provide solutions, and resolve matters independently with minimal management supervision. Responsibilities may include implementation and management of operational and supervisory procedures for the firm
- Consult with registered representatives, Agency Supervisory Officers and Regional Supervisory Directors, providing guidance on suitability concerns and guidelines.
- Additional FINRA licenses as required.
- FINRA Series 7 required
- 0-4 years’ experience in suitability analysis, investment product operations, compliance or related work
- Knowledge of life insurance products and industry standard processes related to life insurance processing
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- FINRA Series 24 preferred, needs to be obtained within 90 days of employment
- FINRA 53 and 4 also preferred