Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Development Director Job Locations US-MA-Somerville Posted Date 17 hours ago(8/20/2019 10:27 AM) Job ID 2019-1482 # of Openings 1 Category Development
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that conceives of an delivers these investments is very rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty is seeking a dynamic individual with demonstrable success in the development and redevelopment of neighborhood and community shopping centers. Strong knowledge of the New England region and marketplace is a plus. The Development Director’s core responsibilities include highest & best use analysis (including the identification of non-retail space value drivers, such as multi-family, office, medical office, etc.) and subsequent comprehensive project execution for Federal Realty’s New England shopping center portfolio. This position will lead the day-to-day activities in identifying investment opportunities and securing governmental approvals, managing development and construction activities and partnering with key constituents such as: leasing, asset management, financial analysts, property managers and senior corporate executives.
- Strategic asset analysis identifying value-add investment opportunities across all major land uses (retail, multi-family, office, etc.) at property level.
- Secure regulatory land use entitlements, requisite jurisdictional site plan approvals and permits required to proceed with development. Meet and manage public agencies and neighborhood groups to cultivate and shepherd project support.
- Comprehensively manage design processes including project master planning, civil engineering, architecture, traffic engineering, geotechnical, environmental, lighting, landscape and graphic design.
- Negotiate partnership deal structures with public agencies and other private developers, if applicable, for components of the developments.
- Partner with leasing agents establishing merchandising plans, revenue underwriting and lease-up schedule.
- Build and manage development pro formas. Partner with in-house financial analysts in financial underwriting requirements. Maintain accurate project pro forma, cost and revenue reporting and schedule milestones throughout investment phases.
- Work with in-house construction personnel to manage general contractors through design and construction processes confirming budgets, schedules and constructability. Assist construction personnel to successfully manage projects through completion.
- Partner with in-house Tenant Construction Services group during project construction.
- Work with marketing as required to appropriately market the project to tenants and the general public.
- Collaborate as required with the Federal acquisitions team to identify new opportunities.
- 10 – 15 years of proven shopping center development/redevelopment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in related field
- Background in Planning or Design
- In depth knowledge of engineering and architectural plans
- Working knowledge of contract law, zoning law, real estate finance and construction management
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong management and leadership skills including the ability to motivate and guide a team
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with ability to productively work in a team environment effectively communicating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company
- Effective communicator (written and oral) with strong presentation skills
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS