VP - Senior Data Architect
Alpha Data Services organization is looking for a senior data architect to design and deploy the standard data model for our cloud based data platform. The ideal candidate must have prior data modeling experience and solid understanding of custody and accounting business. As part of the data architecture team, the selected candidate will play a key role in defining and executing on the data architecture for IBOR (Investment Book of Records) and ABOR (Accounting Book of Records) data solutions. What you will be responsible for
As senior data architect you will
What we value
- Design and architect a domain driven common data model to drive the execution on State Street Global Services middle and back office data services initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a domain specific ontology.
- Perform data exploration and mapping related to new data sources ensuring high data quality and best practice.
- Collaborating and onboarding, analyzing, and mapping new data sources to RAW Data vault data model, normalize and standardize in a business data vault model and then publish to a consumption data model.
- Incrementally build and release the changes to the data model as per the agile iterations.
- Collaborating with product owners, other data architects and development teams to ensure the data model increments are well understood and are aligned to the overall logical and conceptual data model.
- Perform data architecture reviews.
- Leverage data governance and information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Solid understanding of investment accounting and fund accounting data domains.
- Familiarity with relational, dimensional and NoSQL database concepts, performance, and design patterns.
- Experience using data modeling tools such as ERWIN.
Why this role is important to us
- 10+ years experience working in data initiatives in financial services as data architect
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers