Site Reliability Engineer - AVP
Who we are looking for Site Reliability Engineer -
you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of support and development will focus on existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on the relevant projects, supported by and organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems. What you will be responsible for
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
What we value
- Design, Code, Debug, Test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands.
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools,
- Deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc. Relational and NoSQL databases
- Developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
- Networking Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience in financial services industry
- Experience in working with transactional, middleware systems in cloud environment required
- Experience in working with Accounting, Asset servicing applications
Why this role is important to us
- Knowledge about supporting SOA(service oriented architecture) / middle ware systems is mandatory
- Knowledge about transactional systems is mandatory
- Knowledge about Agile SDLC is mandatory
- Able to multitask and debug logs in distributed and multi-threaded apps is a huge plus
- Knowledge about supporting workflow management systems is a strong plus
- Knowledge about supporting trading systems is a plus
- Knowledge about C/C++ legacy systems is a plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers