Senior Database Developer - Recon, AVP
Who we are looking for
What you will be responsible for
- The role of this Senior Developer is to assist onsite development and support of Enterprise recon suite of applications servicing various lines of business. This position requires 5 years of IT experience with excellent technical, analytical, communication, conflict resolution skills, and expertise in reconciliation systems in financial domain.
As Senior Developer you will
What we value
- Lead, guide, collaborate, and influence multiple blended teams of full-time employees and onshore/offshore contractors.
- Communicate with product owner and business users to ensure requirements are met for any reconciliation asks.
- Design and develop reconciliation applications utilizing ETL, ELT and Bigdata technologies
- Provide production support and maintenance for business-as-usual applications
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven problem solving, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience working with the Agile methodology and as a member of an Agile team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and large-scale projects successfully
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering standards
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, or related field
- 5 years of extensive experience in Oracle 11g/12c databases including PL/SQL development, SQL, and performance tuning.
- 5 years working on Data Warehousing projects including design, development and reporting.
- Extensive experience with Oracle data modelling and design technologies.
- Good understanding of Big Data technologies.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Experience with ELT and ETL tools
- Solid experience with UNIX/Linux scripting tools.
- Proven problem solving communication interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work equally with business and technology partners.
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience working in an Agile team & working knowledge of SDLC processes
- Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers