Senior Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst
Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst to manage our vulnerability scanning and management solution, analyze results and provide relevant reporting to stakeholders. This position requires collaboration skills to drive remediation activities across the enterprise, organizational skills, analytic skills, quick reaction, attention to detail and technical expertise to protect the bank's assets. Join us to protect State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors What you will be responsible for
As Senior Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst you will
What we value
- Report and consult with remediation owners
- Update and maintain vulnerability management runbooks and playbooks
- Address operational issues
- Update and communicate operational metrics
- Analyze vulnerability assessments and remediation plans
- Lead vulnerability scanner and agent deployments
- Configure and update scan schedules
- Maintain situational awareness, collaborate, influence and lead initiatives across the enterprise
- Work closely with business units to understand people, process, and technology in order to build effective vulnerability management strategies
- Actively train team members on Fusion Center processes, governance and priorities
- Synchronize with Cyber Defense Center to monitor and research information sources to assess risk to the enterprise
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to consider short term and long term implications of a recommended solution
- Virtual leadership expertise with ability to effectively drive results, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed environment
- Ability to make difficult decisions in unique situations, present recommendations under pressure to senior leadership and to cross-functional teams that my have conflicting positions
- Knowledge and understanding of structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Expertise in designing solutions, implementing and maintaining new cybersecurity controls and tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify core issues and work with leaders and team members to resolution
- Strong organizational, task switching, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently and solve challenging problems while collaboration with stakeholders
- Knowledge and interest in current vulnerability related trends
- Attention to detail
- Driving to results
- Strategic thinking
- Collaboration and influencing
- Senior Executive communication
- Working professionally with confidential information
- Advanced presentation skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure
- Demonstrated professionalism in approach to communicating ideas and solutions in simple language to team members, senior leaders and business partners
Why this role is important to us
- 5+ years of related experience, specifically in IT Engineering, Security Operations, Cloud Security and enterprise vulnerability remediation
- 3+ years management experience leading cyber security teams
- 2+ years of experience within a vulnerability management role
- Experience with Strategic Planning and enterprise-wide technical solution implementations
- In-depth experience assessing security vulnerabilities
- Understanding of how to triage vulnerabilities and tool findings
- Security certification a plus
- Software development and/or scripting experience a plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers