Purple Team Tester, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Global Cybersecurity (GCS) Purple Team Tester is responsible for providing guidance and oversight to ensure identified cyber risks are effectively managed and tracked.
The Purple Team Tester will collaborate the Control Assessment and Testing Team (CATT) and Security Operations Center (SOC) to emulate attacks used in Penetration Testing to help the SOC develop detection content. Overtime the tester will develop expertise in performing attack techniques and develop cyber-security knowledge
Additionally, the team member will collaborate with infrastructure colleagues to advise and validate remediations of cyber risks What you will be responsible for
As a Purple Team Tester, you will
What we value
- Collaborate with the Control Assessment and Testing Team (CATT) to recreate pen test attacks, providing details to the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Document and standardize testing methodologies and tool sets
- Maintain Cyber Lab Environment, for example apply security patches, upgrades, and acts as user admin as needed
- Support infrastructure groups to analyze the root cause of security issues
- For identified issues support implementation of quick, tactical mitigations. Validate effectiveness of tactical work and strategic plans
- Work with application SMEs to provide actionable risk remediation activities for identified control gaps
- Develop a strong understanding of cybersecurity best practices, State Street Business and IT processes
- Educate colleagues on information security topics such as policies, standards, guidelines and best practices, and incident remediation
- Responsibilities will adjust based on critical needs, work can include supporting infrastructure teams with analysis, acting as a Project Manager, or hands-on work
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency in Unix, Linux, PowerShell, and a scripting language such as Python
- Passion for cybersecurity and familiarity with security concepts
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Able to help infrastructure owners understand and develop solutions to security concerns
- Motivated and works independently
- On-Site working is not required for this position. Remote location arrangements will be considered.
About State Street What we do.
- 3-5 years of related experience in cyber security.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Related cyber security licenses are a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers