Professional Services Procurement and Sourcing, VP
The Deal Management Team responds to requests from business users company-wide in order to acquire products and services. The team is responsible for leading the negotiation and contract review and analysis while working collaboratively cross-functionally within State Street and vendors as needed. The end result is a contract that accurately reflects business requirements along with other language protecting State Street's interests, while controlling initial costs and ongoing fees.
The role of VP in Deal Management is an important role within State Street's Global Procurement team and responsible for the preparation, analysis, negotiation and finalization of the end-to-end Procurement process for professional services contracts, with a focus on technology services, consulting, business processes, goods and services and marketing services. This role will coordinate with stakeholders (legal, data security, business unit, vendor, etc.) to lead negotiations and achieve favorable and compliant contract terms that mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated sourcing and negotiation experience with major suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate governing agreements
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate statements of work
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and structure Managed Services and Outsourcing engagements.
- A good understanding of pricing models, metrics, , etc. with the ability to suggest contracting alternatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow-through on multiple projects simultaneously
- A high level of understanding of the language and structure of professional services contracts
- Extensive experience in the review, negotiation and drafting of professional services contracts
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders diplomatically.
- Exceptional communication skills and relationship management capabilities.
- Procurement, technology and business knowledge including robust understanding of contract terms and contract execution
- Team player with the ability to build long term relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with customer focus
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language and Microsoft Office tools
- 10+ years of experience in a procurement related position preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred
- JD preferred